The SafeSpend card is a reloadable prepaid card that provides a smart, simple, and safe solution for managing your money. Gain control of your money and peace of mind by converting your cash to a SafeSpend card and transact worry free with no risk of overdraft fees.
It’s the perfect solution for anyone looking for a low cost alternative to a traditional banking account. With the SafeSpend Web Site, you can easily check the balance on your card at any time. You won’t have to worry about bounced checks or overdraft fees.
- Load funds on the card by direct deposit, or at any of the thousands of participating Visa ReadyLink merchant locations. With our ReadyLink locator it’s easy to find a location near you.
- Transfer funds directly from your BBVA Compass debit card to your SafeSpend Card.
- Manage your account and view transaction history all through our easy to use online account management tools.
The last thing you need is an account that makes your life more complicated.
- No credit approval required.
- Simple fee structure with no hidden fees and no worry about overdraft charges.
- Just swipe your card and transact at millions of locations worldwide where Visa is accepted.
- Make purchases online and over the phone.
- BBVA Compass will not charge a fee for the first withdrawal from an ATM each month.
Remain at ease with benefits of the SafeSpend card put in place with your protection in mind.
- FDIC insurance protects any funds loaded on your SafeSpend Card.*
- 24/7 Fraud Monitoring Services look out for suspicious activity on your card. BBVA Compass Zero Liability* protects you against unauthorized use of your card.
- Online Banking and Text Message/Email Alerts allow you to easily monitor activity any time of day.
* FDIC coverage limits apply. BBVA Compass Zero Liability covers U.S.—issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify BBVA Compass promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult BBVA Compass for additional details or visit visa.com/security. See your Visa Cardholder Agreement for further details.