1. Is the Susquehanna Gift Card the same as a credit card?
2. Is the Susquehanna Gift Card a debit card?
3. Can anyone purchase a card?
4. What is the difference between the Purchaser and Recipient?
5. How much does a Susquehanna Gift card cost?
6. When does a Susquehanna Gift Card become activated?
7. What should the Recipient/Cardholder of the card do when it is given to them?
8. What is the life term of the Susquehanna Gift Card?
9. Where can the Susquehanna Gift Card be used?
10. What type of purchases can be made with the Susquehanna Gift Card?
11. Can a Susquehanna Gift Card recipient/cardholder make purchases on the Internet with the card?
12. Can the Susquehanna Gift Card be used to purchase a money order?
13. How will cardholders be able to track their balances on the Susquehanna Gift Card?
14. How do customers file disputes for fraudulent transactions?
15. What are the fees associated with the gift card?
16. What if customers have a question or problem (card not working or being lost or stolen)?
17. Will purchases larger than the balance on the Susquehanna Gift Card be approved?
18. How can a cardholder track their spending?
19. Will cardholders be assessed a fee for using the Susquehanna Gift Card at participating merchants?
20. Can a cardholder buy/purchase gift cards in bulk orders?
21. Can cardholders allow someone else to use their Susquehanna Gift Card?
22. Can the Susquehanna Gift Card be replaced if it is lost or stolen?
23. How long will it take before a cardholder can use a Susquehanna Visa gift card?
24. Can cardholders make a Cash Advance with a Susquehanna Gift Card?
25. What if my purchase is declined?
26. What if my purchase total is for more than what is remaining on the card?
27. Can I use my card at fuel/gas stations?
28. Can I use my card at restaurants and other “tip”-oriented merchants?
29. What if I need to return an item purchased with the card?
30. Once the balance on the card is used, what should cardholders do with their cards?
No, it is not a credit card. The cardholder can only spend the amount of funds that were originally loaded to the card at the time the card was purchased.
No, it is not a debit card. A bank account is not associated with the card and cannot be accessed at any ATM or used for debit/PIN-based transactions.
No -- The purchaser of the card must be a customer of Susquehanna Bank, and must pay for the card with cash if they do not have a transactional deposit account.
The Purchaser is the individual purchasing the Gift Card. The Recipient/Cardholder is the individual the Gift Card is given to for use.
The cost of $4.95 will be collected at the time of purchase. The purchaser of the card must be a customer of Susquehanna, and must pay for the card with cash if they do not have a transactional deposit account.
A new card is activated and funded at the time of purchase, and is ready to be used. Replacement cards (such as for lost or stolen cards) may need to be activated before they can be used.
For security purposes, the Recipient/Cardholder has to sign the back of the card and they should register their name and address on the website www.susquehanna.net/GiftCards. This protects the recipient in the event that the card is lost or stolen. The recipient should also review the Terms and Conditions for the card, including fees.
From the time the card is purchased, the life term of the card can be 7-10 years. The expiration date of the card is embossed (printed) on the front of the card plastic.
Note: Both the card and any remaining balance on the card will expire per the expiration date on the front of the card and cannot be used past that date.
The card can be used for purchases anywhere Visa debit is accepted, with the exception of transactions that require a reservation of funds that have not yet accrued, such as hotel reservations or car rentals. Prohibited transactions are outlined in the Terms and Conditions included with the gift card at the time of sale, and they are also located on www.susquehanna.net/GiftCards.
The card can be used for signature-based/credit purchases anywhere Visa debit is accepted. Simply request the sales clerk to process the purchase as a credit transaction rather than a debit transaction. The card is not issued with a PIN, therefore, cannot be used for debit/PIN purchases.
Yes, purchases on the Internet can be made up to the value of the card. However, if the recipient of the card does not register the card in their name and address, they may have difficulty using the card online.
Yes, as long as the business that provides this service accepts Visa debit.
The remaining balance on the card may be included on the receipt when the card is used at a merchant, but this depends on whether the merchant provides that service or not.
Balance inquiry is always available by accessing the website www.susquehanna.net/GiftCards or by calling 800-311-3182 and selecting the appropriate prompts.
Customers need to call 800-311-3182 to report the misuse of the card. Fraud claims are also required to be put in writing. See Terms and Conditions for additional information.
- $4.95 purchase fee.
- $10.00 Replacement Fee if the card is lost or stolen.
- $5.00 Returned Card fee if the card is returned to the branch (must have the full amount of original funds remaining on the card); cards cannot be returned after 30 days from purchase date.
- $8.00 Inactivity Fee per month after 12 consecutive months of no transactions conducted on the card.
The cardholder can call 800-311-3182.
Generally, no, purchases cannot exceed the available balance on the card, and a merchant will not always know the balance remaining on the card. There may, however, be technical or system issues that allow a card to be “overspent”. If this happens, it will be the responsibility of the Purchaser and/or Recipient to pay the amount of the overspent balance directly to Susquehanna Bank.
Cardholders can track their spending two ways: By calling 800-311-3182, or by logging in to the website, www.susquehanna.net/GiftCards.
No, the cardholder will not be charged a fee for making purchases at participating merchants.
Any amount of gift cards can be sold to a single customer of Susquehanna Bank. Please inquire at your local branch for details. Once the order is received by the bank, bulk orders take up to two weeks to be fulfilled and delivered to the purchaser for distribution. The $4.95 per card purchase fee applies to all orders, regardless of number of cards purchased.
No. The cardholder needs to keep the card and card number under their control at all times. The cardholder must sign the back of the card prior to using it.
Yes, however, the cardholder must have the original card number or they must have registered the card in their name online at www.susquehanna.net/GiftCards. The card can then be replaced for the remaining balance, less the Replacement fee of $10. However, if Susquehanna has no way to verify that the card belonged to the cardholder, the card may not be replaced. Additionally, all replacement cards will be provided to the original purchaser for further distribution to the recipient.
For new cards, once the gift card has been purchased, it can be used immediately. Cards issued as a replacement for a lost or stolen card may need to be activated before they can be used.
No -- Cash advances are not permitted and cannot be processed. Please refer to the card’s Terms and Conditions for other disclosures.
Your available balance on the card is probably less than the purchase price. Ask the merchant to deduct the specific amount remaining on your card and then use a second form of payment for the purchase balance. This is commonly known as a split-tender transaction
Ask the merchant to deduct the specific amount remaining on your card and then use a second form of payment for the purchase balance. This is commonly known as a split-tender transaction.
Yes, but you may need to pay with your card inside rather than at the pump. Ask the attendant to process a payment for an exact dollar amount.
Yes, but please make sure your card balance is enough to cover the bill plus 20%. When authorizing purchases, most restaurants will factor in a tip.
Please check with the merchant regarding their return policy. Most merchants will credit your return back to the gift card, or will issue a store credit to you, but return policies will vary as outlined by the merchant.
Since the cards are not reloadable, they may be thrown away. However, before you dispose of the card, make sure you won’t need the card in the future for store returns.